Re: [CQ-Contest] Missing E-mail Addresses

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Missing E-mail Addresses
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 10:22:03 -0500
That is not unusual, a lot of US stations also do not add their email
address.

Many people do not personalize their QRZ account and perhaps some just do
not want to be contacted that way or they are concerned about spam.  One
disadvantage about not including an email address it is becomes easier for
someone impersonate the ham on the swap sites because there is no way to
verify the seller's email address.

John KK9A

Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:

During last weekend's 10-M contest, I worked a DL station who was loud
but T8, with a pronounced buzz on his signal.  I went to e-mail him to
tell him about it, but alas - no e-mail on any of the usual sites.  In
hunting for him, I found a number of DL stations that omitted e-mail
addresses from their QRZ and QRZCQ pages.  What gives?

--
73, Pete N4ZR