Re: [CQ-Contest] Best Paddles?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Best Paddles?
From: Alan Higbie <alan.higbie@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 06:10:35 -0700
Speaking of paddles:

I noticed the biggest improvement in my paddle’s feel came from a proper
adjustment of the gap and tension settings. Used a dynamometer and feeler
gauge to follow suggestions found at:

https://www.morsekey.net/dynamometer.html

Also:
G0PNM YouTube Video with an in-depth look at keyer paddle adjustments.

https://youtu.be/v_t3uxl4dEI?si=miShSTtr0GzTLEo0

adjusting CONTACT GAP (w/ feeler gauge — .3 - .9) and TENSION (w/
Dynamometer 20-25-30 g. each side)

73, ~ Alan K0AV