Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL SS Overlay Categories

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL SS Overlay Categories
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 13:47:58 -0600
Sadly, why I do not know, but Multi-Ops cant get that overlay.

Joe WB9SBD

On 11/6/2023 12:11 PM, Jeff Clarke wrote:

I really liked the ARRL Sweepstakes Limited Antenna category that the ARRL added. It's nice to see score comparisons to other stations using similar wire antennas to mine. I was really surprised to see other guys that I always assumed had a tower and beam antennas in that category. Many of them are pretty loud in Georgia (especially if they're running an amplifier) so my advice is don't give up on contesting if you only have wire antennas. You can still have fun !  I'll probably never have a tower and beam antenna since I'm older now , don't climb towers anymore and retired. You're not going to win anything with wire antennas compared to the big guns who always win which makes it easy to just do a contest PT or casually. If I had something to shoot for maybe I would spend more operating time in a contest from home.

Kudos to the ARRL. It would be nice if they added this overlay category to their other contests too. Maybe CQ as well ?

73's Jeff  KU8E