[CQ-Contest] New Explorer Category in SAC

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] New Explorer Category in SAC
From: K3ZJ David Siddall <davek3zj@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 16:28:10 -0400
I found interesting the new "Explorer" category in this year's SAC contest
that encourages innovation and experimentation.  CQWW tried something
similar in 2011-2012 if I remember correctly, and it fizzled out. This
year's CW SAC is this weekend.  The Phone weekend is later in October.  For
those who may be unfamiliar with the SAC, they have a history of trying out
innovative concepts.  Some years ago they had a page where ops could
provide a link to live video or live video/audio to their shacks during the
contest.
SAC Category Explorer 2023

With the EXPLORER Category we want to encourage you to do experiments in
the way you participate in contests. It can be the way you use remote
receivers, internet links, video transmissions and it also includes some
new thinking in hardware design like filters, clean signals, TX
interleaving, remote controlling and log program innovations. In this way
you may participate in the SAC Contest while experimenting creatively with
stations linked in any way, Multi-signal transmissions and other new
technologies. The Category is for both Scandinavians and non-Scandinavians.

The EXPLORER category is intended to encourage innovation in technology
adaptation, station design, new technology development and operating
strategies.

More in the full rules at:  https://www.sactest.net/blog/rules/
73, Dave K3ZJ