[WriteLog] Announcing changes and new curator for SCP (SuperCheckPartial

To: "N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io" <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io>, "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "dxlog@groups.io" <dxlog@groups.io>
Subject: [WriteLog] Announcing changes and new curator for SCP (SuperCheckPartial)
From: Stu Phillips <stu@k6tu.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 19:00:05 +0000
It is almost 10 years since I took over the role as curator of Super Check
Partial from Bob, WA1Z,
A number of changes have been made over the years including:
Moving releases to a regular time based cadence (currently monthly).
Changing from email submission to direct submission from the logging programs.
It is time to pass the baton and bring a new perspective to the curation
process for Super Check Partial and so I’m delighted to announce that Bill
Fehring, W9KKN will take over as curator with immediate effect.
In parallel with the change of curator, SCP will no longer accept logs sent in
via email.  The implementation and support of the direct submission API into
the major logging programs now generates 3000+ logs each month.  A big thank
you to all those who agree to submit their logs and to the different software
teams of the logging programs for supporting the API!
Email submissions have now dwindled to less than 5 per month and will no longer
be processed.
For now, please continue to send reports of busted callsigns, requests for
adds, changes etc. to
logs@supercheckpartial.com<mailto:logs@supercheckpartial.com>.  Please be sure
to check the latest release before making a request as the majority of
callsigns will now be automatically added when you participate in contests.
I appreciate all the support you have given me over the years and know that
Bill will be a great curator going forward.
73s!
Stu K6TU