[CQ-Contest] Setting up a QSO Database

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Setting up a QSO Database
From: K3TN via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 10:31:34 +0000 (UTC)
I agree with George - the easiest way to get what you want is to use a standard
day to day QSO logger program. I use DXLab and it is very modular - you could
just use the DXKeeper logger module. Especially if you want that ability to
enter QSOs where you used different callsigns.
Years ago I wrote a very simple Microsoft Access database to store logged
contacts before I went to DXLabs, it wasn't that hard to do - I modified
someone else's Access Contact database by changing one field to be CALLSIGN and
it did most of what you wanted. But I'm not a software hobbyist - much easier
to for me use DXKeiper maintained by AA6YQ than playing around with database
software every time I needed something.
There was a guy KC8YTO that had an free Access database logging program for
free that others had used and modified. Not sure his stuff is still around but
search on his call and  you'll find his YouTube videos.
73 John K3TN