Re: [CQ-Contest] Drones and antennas

To: Barry Jacobson <bdj@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Drones and antennas
From: Michael Walker <va3mw@portcredit.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 19:37:50 -0400
I use drones all the time for antenna placement of line for antennas.  As long
as it is dead calm, you can drop it just about anywhere you like.  But, like
anything, it does take practice.   They are easy enough to fly today (at least
the good ones).  It is much much harder to fly with precision.

You have to make sure of many things as small mistakes will take your drone
down and park it in the tree possibly.  :)

I am speaking as someone who has been flying them since 2005.  (not a typo)

Mike va3mw

Sent from my iPad