Re: [CQ-Contest] SILENT KEY - 8P6CC/VP6WR

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SILENT KEY - 8P6CC/VP6WR
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 20:03:59 -0700

VP6WR was only the second DX station I had ever worked after getting my license in 1967 as WA0TAC.   Nov 30, 1967 15m SSB.  I wonder if it was you I actually worked.

73,
Dave   AB7E

I was saddened today to learn of the passing of my friend Woody
Richardson, 8P6CC.  At the age of 108..........

I first met Woody in September 1967, and enjoyed some operations from
his VP6WR station on Barbados.  And Woody hosted my 8P6J operations in
the ARRL DX CW and CQ WW CW contests, 1980 -82.   We were able to speak
briefly on his last birthday, New Years' Eve. To make it to 108 must
surely be a record for ham radio.  RIP Woody.

Jim Neiger  N6TJ