Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmers and self spotting

To: Mark <markzl3ab@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmers and self spotting
From: John Dorr <cqk1ar@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 20:48:51 -0400
Hi Mark,

Basically, on CW, everyone gets spotted due to the extensive global skimmer
network. Therefore, self-spotting, while occurring on rare occasions (and
dealt with by the committee), is mostly a moot issue for CW contests.
Setting up a local skimmer would add very little, if any, to the
availability of new information.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

73, John, K1AR
CQ WW Contest Director