[CQ-Contest] November SS CW/SSB from Yukon

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] November SS CW/SSB from Yukon
From: Gerry Hull <vy1aaa@vy1ja.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 14:50:42 -0400
Hello fellow SS Fans,

I just wanted to give you an update on my plans for SS CW and SSB.

J, VY1JA's health is still up and down -- but he has bitten the radio bug
again,
and is putting together a (somewhat) decent station.

He recently acquired a HF2K KW SS amp from Germany  I got him to ditch the
TenTec Omni IV for contesting, and he picked up a used Kenwood TS-590S,
which
is awesome.

The challenge, of course, is antennas.

J has been working to put together a 70-foot tilt-over mast.   He would ike
to get a
quad on that, but that is certainly not going to happen this season.

I'm building and shipping him industrial heavy-duty Inverted-Vs for 80
through 10 meters.
With the top antennas at 70 feet and spaced accordingly down the mast, that
should be
quite loud to most of NA.

The challenge now is to get the mast up before the weather turns really
nasty.
J has at least one helper there in Whitehorse, but he could use a few more.
Anybody heading to the area, or could be in the area in the next few weeks?
I know it's a long shot.

I will hopefully be on for CQP this weekend, with the old 40m vertical, 80m
vertical and
a low 20m dipole.  For CQP, this should be fine.

I'll be QRV SS CW and SSB as VY1AAA.

Note J's secondary email address is now j@vy1ja.ca

73,

Gerry VY1AAA aka W1VE