Re: [CQ-Contest] from the Contest AARGH FAQ

To: "davidajaffe@gmail.com" <davidajaffe@gmail.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] from the Contest AARGH FAQ
From: K3TN via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 12:46:20 +0000 (UTC)
Works for me!
73 John K3TN

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jaffe <davidajaffe@gmail.com>
To: cq-contest@contesting.com; jpescatore@aol.com
Sent: Mon, Sep 26, 2022 3:50 pm
Subject: Re: from the Contest AARGH FAQ

Re. this excerpt from Contesting AARGH....
Why is Contest X scheduled for the same weekend as Contest Y? Shouldn't Contest
Y move to another weekend? Well, there are only 52 weekends in a year and there
are approximately, oh say way, way more than 52 contests each year. . . .
Though if all contesters really are 80 years old, every day is a weekend for
them - maybe we can just change the definition of "Contest Weekend" to include
all weekdays.

For those of us who are still working stiffs, I proposed an alternative
solution to this problem in my column in a recent NCCC newsletter, quoted
below.
. . . WD6T hereby goes on record suggesting to the world that we all change to
a three-day workweek, retaining the two-day weekend. That would increase the
number of contesting weekends to a ham-friendly 73. For clarity, we could also
change the names of the days (as suggested by my composing mentor, Henry Brant)
to “One’s Day,”“Two’s Day,”“Three’s Day,”and the two weekend days,“Four’s Day”
and “Five’s Day.” In return, I promise to be 5/3 more productive for the three
workdays. Deal, boss? . . .

Dave WD6T