[CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS940S keyer advice

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS940S keyer advice
From: Gary Slagel via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 17:40:51 +0000 (UTC)
I'm trying to get a TS940S up on CW for the local ham club field day this
weekend.  The rig has no internal keyer so I want to hook my winkey up to it.
We'll not be interfacing any software to the rig so this will be just for
providing a keyer for cw.
The TS940 manual says to make sure that the keyer jack has a positive polarity
at the tip of the jack and shows a diagram indicating a +14 at the tip.
Should I be able to use my winkey as is, with the plug wired for use with my
elecraft K3?
I'm tempted to just give it a whirl but the club is pretty proud of the ts940s
and I really don't want to damage anything.  When I measure the voltage between
tip and base it gives me a -.3 between tip and base when keying.
Thanks for any advice.
Gary Slagel2226 Doran RdHot Springs, SD 57747(605) 890-2310KT0A