[CQ-Contest] VHF contest - will missing "/R" result in busted call?

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] VHF contest - will missing "/R" result in busted call?
From: John Owens <john@lorien.org>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 18:34:26 +0000
Hey KBers! I’m going to be out in Tillamook with a bunch of Jeepers for the VHF
contest. There’s a reasonable number of hams there, but most don’t do “hobby”
things like contesting, so I’m trying to drum up interest in the contest. The
complexity is definitely a barrier to entry. One thing I was wondering about
for keeping it simple: if I’m operating and calling as Rover and submitting as
/R, but if they log me without the /R, will that count as a busted call? I was
about to explain that in my posting to them, but that’s just one more thing
that might have someone decide this is all too complicated. 😊

    Cheers,
    -John N6JSO