[CQ-Contest] Self Spotting NOT by Unassisted

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Self Spotting NOT by Unassisted
From: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@advanced-conversion.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 18:24:23 +0000
N2IC said "The guys who will be impacted the most are the serious, unassisted,
SSB
contesters. They need the casual S&P guys to find them. But with self
spotting, the casual guys will just click on the (self) spots and never
work the unspotted, unassisted folks."

I agree Steve.  Which is why if you are going to do this, you need to let
EVERYONE self spot.  We can spot everyone we tune across now in the unassisted
category, so why prohibit us from spotting ourselves now that everyone else is?
 Unassisted is about FINDING the Qs alone.  It does not mean we want to be
unfindable as we CQ by 90% of the crowd because they are chasing self-spots.
Anyone who ever operated unassisted competitively would know this.  The rules
don't start until June.  Please change this massive flaw in the new rule set.

Thank you.

Ed N1UR