Re: [CQ-Contest] N5OT Anniversary

To: Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] N5OT Anniversary
From: kq2m@kq2m.com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 06:16:49 -0600

Mark,

Maybe N50T?

Congratulations!

73

Bob, KQ2M

On 2021-12-21 06:07, Mark - N5OT wrote:
To my friends,

Ham radio is indeed the world's greatest hobby. 50 years ago today I
received my first license in the mail. I will indulge myself this
evening by making CW QSOs on 40 meters using old equipment. I warmed
it up and tested it last night and I was quite pleased to find my
shack had a glow and smell that it has not had for a number of
decades.  That bodes well.  It started at about 50 watts, but then
there was some hissing and some smoke and more smells.  Now it only
runs about 15 watts, but after that, I made QSOs last night from coast
to coast, so I figure I have a few more capacitors to burn through
before I'm off the air completely.

Come by and say hello if you can.  After 0130Z (Tuesday evening local
time) I'll be the chirpy drifting signal between 7050 and 7055
probably sending with a straight key or bug.  It would be great to
exchange signal reports.

See you there,

73 - Mark N5OT