Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW DX SSB Midwest vs East Coast

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW DX SSB Midwest vs East Coast
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 01:46:02 -0700

Depending upon the band and the quirks of propagation, 200 miles can indeed be significant.   I live about 200 miles south-southeast of Phoenix, Arizona where the bulk of the membership of the contest club to which I belong (AOCC) lives.  I have often noticed that I can work Europeans that they can't and vice versa.  Sometimes the difference is very pronounced.  I'm not saying that those differences hold throughout a contest, but at any point in time they certainly can.

73,
Dave   AB7E