Re: [CQ-Contest] Physics of 2 Keyboard SO2R

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Physics of 2 Keyboard SO2R
From: Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 13:08:06 -0500
Hey Mike,

I thought SO2R was illegal for anyone who was over 50.

I am not a fan of the "10-key pad" on full size keyboards, and since radio-desk real-estate is always at a premium, I opt for keyboards that don't have the 10-key pad.  Mine measures 12.5" which is 5" less than yours.  Others will say they can't live without it in contests where they have to input digits.

Also, a mouse takes up a lot more space than a trackball.  I use trackballs exclusively.  They don't move.

I am pretty sure most other ops would agree that 32" is too high for the desktop to the point of discomfort.

So look on the bright side, there are a lot of things you can do :-)

73 - Mark N5OT
Amateur Ergonomicist