[CQ-Contest] Unusual prefixes, suffixes and calls

To: "yccc@groups.io" <yccc@groups.io>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Unusual prefixes, suffixes and calls
From: AB1J via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 15:57:14 +0000 (UTC)
Before the WPX we were having fun with unusual prefixes and calls.  Here is a
random selection of unusual calls.  I've worked or heard all of them except JY1
and TYA11.

Unusual prefixes not ITU issued or approved (see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-ITU_prefix ;  for many others)
T00RM     Seborga, Italy
T10VB      Transnistria, a breakaway region of Moldova
X5BYZ      Republic of Srpska (temporary in E7)
D0-D1       Donetsk People's Republic (breakaway region of Ukraine)
Z6             Not an official ITU prefix as far as I know
Any call starting with the digit 1 (e.g., 1A0KM)

Calls with no suffix:
JY1           King Hussein of Jordan (SK)
EF6          for King Felipe VI of Spain's coronation: Espana, Felipe, VI

Calls with digits in suffixes:
9AY2K
PP9AO7     I'd say PP9 is the prefix, but LoTW says the whole call is the
prefix.
LM9L40Y    I'm glad this was on RTTY
NAV3           Armed Forces Day station
SLKFD1       Pirate from USA on FT8 - I'm not making this up

TYA11          A non-amateur call issued by mistake in Benin

UPOL12      USSR North Polar expedition, probably not an amateur call

VC3C2C      Canada from Sea 2 Sea

Calls with no digits (most are Armed Forces Day operations):
AIR, NPG, NSS, WAR and other Armed Forces stations
RAEM     Ernst Krenkel, Hero of the Soviet Union (SK)

Long or difficult calls:
OM2015TITANIC
ON50WAASLAND
4T100MP    Not long but some ops sent cut numbers on CW: 4TATTMP - try to
figure that out!

I know there are many, many others.  Someone might want to catalog them for
fun, even if not for profit.

73,
Ken, AB1J