Re: [CQ-Contest] What is a good prefix for the WPX Contest?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What is a good prefix for the WPX Contest?
From: kq2m@kq2m.com
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 20:07:54 -0500
In the 1977 ARRLDXCW contest, I remember working C3PO and R2D2.  :-)

I also remember working RG8U in CQWWSSB around that time, and, not long after that, RG8X.

Commonly worked were F0OL, Z1LCH, PH0OEY

Actual calls were OH2BAD, and a few callsigns ending in ASS, one of which was worked by many stations in a DX contest.

Best CW calls, if sent ~ 50 WPM, were 5E5E and EE5E. There may also have been a 5H5SH but I'm not sure. :-)

One of the stranger SSB calls from decades ago had to be TG0FRACAP.

73

Bob KQ2M

On Thu, May 27, 2021, 10:38 PM AB1J via CQ-Contest