[CQ-Contest] W7EA SK

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] W7EA SK
From: K7LXC via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 16:31:39 +0000 (UTC)
Howdy -

    Ron Crouse, W7EA, passed away recently. He was the owner of Dunestar and
died of some degenerative disease.     He was W7GJS when I got my Novice in
Moses Lake, WA and he was a young broadcast engineer when I first met him. It
took me awhile - a page and a half in my log book - to make my first contact
and that was only after Ron came over and diagnosed a poor PL259 solder job.
  He eventually wound up in St. Helens, OR, where he started Dunestar and made
many contest useful filters and other products.      He was a good guy and like
some of us, made his hobby his vocation. I was glad to know him. Cheers,Steve
K7LXC