Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY contesting; filters

To: k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY contesting; filters
From: dimitri <cosson-dimitri@bbox.fr>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 16:05:40 +0100
Hi Jim,

You're right, but during contests, my default filters are 300 hz with the
FTDX5000 and 250 hz with the IC7600, 3 decoders for each transceivers and the
results are between  0,1 and 0,3 % of calls and/or exchanges copied incorrectly
on CQ contests for around 2000 QSO so you can do it narrower with correct
results ;-)
Don't forget that it's harder to keep guys farther of your run frequency when
you're low power....

73 de Dimitri F4DSK / TM3Z