Re: [CQ-Contest] AZ1A/X = Argentina (CQWW CW)

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] AZ1A/X = Argentina (CQWW CW)
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 17:05:43 -0500
In the Argentine callsign system, the letter designates the Argentine
province.  For a regular callsign, the province is identified by the first
letter of the suffix.  So LU6AH is within the federal capital city
boundaries ("C.F."),  LU5DGQ is in Buenos Aires Province, LU4TC is in Jujuy
Province, etc.  XA-XO is Santa Cruz Province, XP-XZ is Tierra del Fuego
Province, and /X is either one.  The old Argentine QSL cards often included
a country map showing the letter designations of the provinces.

73, Dave K3ZJ