Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW Contests

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW Contests
From: Alex - YO9HP via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 08:20:46 +0000 (UTC)
In my opinion, the WPX Contest Manager decision toremove the SO-Assisted
category is a good one, at least for little pistols. Weknow that, in WPX, the
RUN mode is the success key, but not for low powerstations or for Single Band
(both HP and LP). When you run out of response toyour CQ and you have to do
S&P, the efficiency decrease dramatically due tostations running the pile-up
without transmitting their own callsign. And I amwasting 1-2 minutes listening
to his frequency, to find out in the end that itwas a station already
worked.Although I operated unassisted once in a while, thisis one of the
reasons I don’t like this category.Now, since most of us will play assisted,
let’sfind a way to bring the promised SSB Skimmer in our life.
73, Alex YO9HP