[CQ-Contest] W2GD comments Re: Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW

To: John Crovelli <w2gd@hotmail.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] W2GD comments Re: Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW Contests in 2021
From: <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 05:43:50 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
I agree with John. For me, with no Internet in the radio station and no
interest in having it, the "Classic" is a category of great interest. In the
WPX, it's mainly a run-fest anyhow, and so the additional PX Mults with a
second radio are not major. That is not the case in other contests. I agree
with John that the three power classes should be maintained. Otherwise,
"Classic" is a HP category with no spotting assistance. I also appreciate the
24 hour limit as this is becoming more and more important as we age ourselves
and have care-taking duties with our spouses/partners at home during a contest.

Overall it seems a shame that more and more contests are moving away from "no
spotting assistance" as a category. Is cheating (spotting and/or power) now so
prevalent that we have to eliminate any semblance of these categories?

Jim N3BB