Re: [CQ-Contest] Alpha 87A repair

To: Bill Parry <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Alpha 87A repair
From: Dick Green <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 22:38:07 -0400
Brad worked for the various iterations of the Alpha company for years. AFAIK,
he’s the world’s expert on the 87A.

One time Brad correctly diagnosed the cause of a problem I had with my 87A when
he overheard a co-worker talking about the symptoms with me on the phone (he
shouted out, “Tell him to check L1 on the T/R board.”)

 I met Brad once, when he came to New Hampshire for an “Alpha Day” sponsored by
YCCC. He replaced the CPU in my 87A, which had been damaged by lightning. He
did a great job and was friendly, too. I can confirm that Brad is a good guy!

If my 87A had a problem that I couldn’t fix, Brad is the first person I’d call.

73, Dick WC1M

73, Dick WC1M