Re: [CQ-Contest] Doctor DX clone?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Doctor DX clone?
From: Dave Pascoe <davekm3t@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 17:58:48 -0400
I have a copy here...here is quick demo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPNvLaAEwUI&t=28s

I didn't have a key handy to hook up so I just tuned around a little for
the demo.

I used to use this endlessly back in the day. Loved it! As others have
said, *way* before its time, especially given the available technology.
BTW, this is not my original unit - I actually went out of my way to
scrounge a C64 and a good condition cartridge - my cartridge and C64 both
got damaged in storage. Yes, that is how much I loved this game.

As to there not being a modern equivalent because there isn't sufficient
interest...I think it's kind of the other way around. Build it and they
will come. I'm sure many would find it fun...and distinctly different than
the other pileup trainers. With all the technology and data available
today, should be a piece of cake for someone with time and interest.

73,
Dave KM3T