Re: [CQ-Contest] "Test" At End of CQ

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "Test" At End of CQ
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 11:38:43 -0700
On 6/1/2020 10:55 AM, Paul O'Kane wrote:
I usually send TEST after my call, not before.

For at least 10 years, my N1MM keys have been
F1 TEST K9YC Minimal CQ
F3 TU K9YC (to end a running QSO, hit ESC after TU when I know callers are waiting)
F8 CQ TEST K9YC (Feed the Skimmers)
F9 CQ TEST K9YC K9YC (Beat the bushes)

My rule is to allow a caller to respond to my run in the shortest possible time -- tail-ending after my TU or after TU K9YC. F8 comes next, then F9 when F8 doesn't get callers.

I have keys programmed for common fills, so I don't have to send the entire exchange for a repeat. In WPX, for example, it's the number. This weekend, I had MANY marginal QSOs where multiple repeats of the number were required.

73, Jim K9YC