[CQ-Contest] multiple QSO parties

To: cq contest <CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM>, qsopartygroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] multiple QSO parties
From: Dick Frey <k4xu@bendcable.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 23:08:08 -0700
I spent the weekend trying to work the NE MO LA and MS QSO parties,less the SSB Sprint. It was very frustrating:

- Alt-F, 2 does not really work because there's four of them.
- You have to erase the entry window in order to change logs.
- After the database has more than a few QSOs/log it becomes sluggish to swap logs and re-display the mult list. (or maybe that's just my video card).

In my submission I suggested they think about doing a IN7QPNE-like option. But it is a heavy lift. Each state needs to invent 5 character state/county exchanges, define a common QSO format, and use a scoring program that ignores non-counting contacts.

It's difficult but the reward is more participation; because, as a group, they can reach "critical mass". This means the number of outside participants could be nearly the same for each rather than being divided among them.

--
Dick Frey, K4XU
7QP manager