Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: Important Update for the 2020 Georgia QSO Party

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: Important Update for the 2020 Georgia QSO Party
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 11:38:22 -0400
Jim,

I would consider that for GQP but I don't know that I have time to get the word out in time since it's only 9 days away.

I know it's been discussed before and rejected but allowing 80 meters in the FQP for just this year might be a good idea. Maybe even allow 160 meters as well. I'm afraid that activity is going to be way down without having mobiles to chase around. I just updated my GQP activity map on the web page yesterday and we went from over 2/3 of the GA counties covered to less than 1/3 because I removed the planned mobile/portable operations.  Ouch that hurts ! Plus it didn't help that GQP falls on Easter weekend this year.

Jeff