Re: [CQ-Contest] The legacy of not working dupes

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The legacy of not working dupes
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 11:06:50 -0800
On 1/7/2020 6:27 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
There was never a penalty for working dupes. You just had to removed them from your log and not take the QSO credit for the second or third QSO.

The only penalty for working dupes with all the contests I know of is applies only to paper logs. NCCC members are taught to ALWAYS work dupes. Maybe not on the east coast, but out here, it's easy to end up on the run frequency of an EU station I can't hear, and think I'm being worked by someone who can hear them. :)

73, Jim K9YC