[CQ-Contest] MFJ-1026

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] MFJ-1026
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 07:55:13 -0600
In the past at one of our contest stations we have used one of those MFJ-1026 Noise cancelling units for some noise issues we have on 160 & 80 meters mainly. Worked Great.

Now for the first time we plan on setting up the "Mult Station" for Phone Sweepstakes next weekend.

And the thought of those units came up.  We will be using some of the Nice bandpass filters from DXE. So these MFJ units on the main antenna line will be between the  filters and the radio, on the main antenna. BUT the noise sampling antenna and side of the Noise unit, will be using the  (probably either the 160 or 80 meter dipole) won't have any filtering at all.

Now since this is somewhat the first semi active RF unit in the signal path. In a Sweepstakes situation "RUN & MULT" stations. without the MFJ units we have minimal interstation interference.

But anyone have any thoughts about having one of these MFJ units at each statiion?

They should help with the noise issue.  BUT will our band purityness be compromized? We worked hard on getting each station not to interfere with the other.

Don't want to add something that may kill the isolations.

Joe WB9SBD