Re: [CQ-Contest] Makrothen - An Exercise In Frustration

To: k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Makrothen - An Exercise In Frustration
From: Stanley Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 17:47:39 -0400
Jim,

I agree with you.

I think the problem is that too many contesters only participate in the big
ones: ARRL, CQ and NAQP. There’s a lot of fun in the minor contests — mostly
non-US DX contests — and they help polish our skills.

I just gave a presentation at the Florida ARRL Convention at the Melbourne
Hamfest titled “How to Develop a Contester Motivation Program from Scratch”
that features the Florida Contest Group’s new Frequent Contester Program.
Members are encouraged to participate in all levels of contests. In operation
only since the first of June, it has already boosted the FCG membership
participation by 70 percent.

Stan, K4SBZ

"Real radio bounces off the sky."