[CQ-Contest] SO2R filtering help

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R filtering help
From: "Dan" <w8car@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 17:06:37 -0400
I am baffled by a problem that I’m having setting up to do interference free
SO2R operating running LP. I’ve tried stubs and they have no effect on
harmonics. I have good W3NQN style bandpass filters and THEY don’t seem to
knock down harmonics. I know the stubs/filters are working as they greatly
attenuate received signals if I put them on the band of harmonic attenuation.
(40 meter filter in line while receiving on on 20 ) I’m using a K3 an FT1000MP.
Filtering and stubs have no effect on either radio.

I have read that there could be something other than the rigs creating
harmonics. IE  corrosion, wall warts, grounding problems. What I need are ideas
on how to track these buggers if indeed this is the problem.
Thanks in advance

Dan W8CAR