Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Re-Build - Coax

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Re-Build - Coax
From: Dennis Moore <dennis@mail4life.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 21:47:49 -0700
How often will you be transmitting and receiving at the same time?

Dennis NJ6G

On 3/15/2019 10:29, David Aslin G3WGN wrote:
Hi Frank,
Thanks for saving me from a 'terrible practice'.  I hadn't considered the
potential for noise/signal injection via bundled cable screens, other than
K9YC's fine work on keeping common mode currents out.
The first 80m/250ft of my coax runs from the shack are in 4 inch conduit.  I
have laid 4 runs of conduit a couple of feet underground.  I'm planning to put
RX coax runs in one of the conduits, TX runs (Heliax) in two of the others and
control cable in the 4th run. So RX runs will at best be 4-20 RG6 cable
diameters from the Heliax. Does that sound like enough separation from your
experience?
73, David G3WGN  M6O  WJ6O