Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2022 updated rules

To: YV1KK Julio <yv1kk@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2022 updated rules
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 08:46:16 +0300
You can never make everyone happy and content in a contest.

Italians are trying hard to please as many as possible. They should be
appreciated for their efforts, but 2022 WRTC is not the competition I will
even try to make a serious effort for, in trying to qualify as a TL.
Opportunities in EU#4 are simply to marginal, especially for Legal Limit
compliant stations without monster stacked arrays on most bands... The
methods to deal with Power Cheating is simply not there, which indeed is a
pity.

Youth focus is great, but my view is that it would be far more productive
to arrange a separate “Youth WRTC”
with many more youth teams and possible more modest equipment criteria,
with requirements for teams to actually build the stations themselves,
instead of arriving to “served table” and just operate a station with
triplexers, rotatable yagis, super SDR radios etc.

Our “succession planning” does not automatically come by offering kids
access to super stations to qualify from, before even having experienced
the logical development from own small pistol contest stations, gradually
stepping up and with time experiencing better and better stations (like all
of us did on our past).

Anyway, good luck to all aiming to qualify for WRTC 2022. It will be a long
challenging struggle for all! Enjoy ;)

73 de RM2D, Mats