[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2022 Rules Process

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2022 Rules Process
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 17:38:49 -0500
I want to congratulate the WRTC 2022 organizing committee for releasing the
initial qualification rules for comment before adopting final rules at the
end of January.

Some of the comments on the draft rules indicate to me that the process is
not well understood, although the committee states it on their
website.  Here is my summary, based on what the Committee has published, in
case you missed it.

The "initial” rules were approved by the WRTC sanctioning committee as well
as by the WRTC 2022 organizing committee.  The draft was released to gather
opinions and consider suggestions before final rules are adopted at the end
of January.

There are two ways prescribed to submit suggestions and comments if you
want the Committee to consider them. (1) If you want to share your thoughts
and suggestions with others and see what they think, post your suggestions
on the WRTC 2022 email list (
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/wrtc2022reflector/join, or use the
link prominently displayed here: http://wrtc2022.it/en/).  (2) If you would
rather communicate your suggestions privately, email them to:
qualification@wrtc2022.it.

MY NOTE: I see a lot of messages discussing the draft rules on multiple
contest reflectors, club reflectors, Facebook posts, etc.  No one in the
world could keep track of all the messages on all of these different
platforms, although many write as if they expect this.  That is not
reasonable.  If you want the organizers to read and consider your
suggestions, use one of the two above methods that they have
prescribed.  (If you just want to vent, the other places are fine for that.)

73, Dave K3ZJ