Re: [CQ-Contest] Need help, TS-590SG, Winkeyer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Need help, TS-590SG, Winkeyer
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 12:13:09 -0400
Bob,

Forgot to mention the radio control. I just setup a new TS590SG for K4BAI. Go to http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/ts_590g/ts590g_update_e.html. You can download the virtual COM port driver.  You would then use a USB (AB Type) cable to connect from the radio USB port to the USB port on your computer.  See page 67 in the TS590SG manual.

After you install this set the speed in the Device Manager on your computer to 115200-8-N-1-N.  Then go to Menu Item 62 on the radio and set it to the same baud rate. This should get your radio control working.

John bought this radio to haul back and forth to Bonaire for our yearly CQWW DX CW trip. I got to play with it some when I was setting it up for him and we also used it during Field Day on the CW station. It's a very good contest quality radio. You will enjoy it.  Good Luck.

Jeff KU8E