[CQ-Contest] Why would anybody like SS?

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Why would anybody like SS?
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 21:00:16 -0400
KU8E: "I'm not sure why anyone would have a contest that allows you to work
multiple bands that the rules allow only one contact."

This is just another instance of the  Baskin-Robbins Principle ("If
everybody liked only vanilla, B-R would only sell one flavor.")

To me, single-QSO is a more pure form of radio communication.  The (more
popular?) format of repeat-QSO-on different-band is an aberration that some
people need to keep their interest up.

My ideal contest would let you contact anybody, anywhere just one time, on
any band, any mode.  The essence: "Can you make a contact?"

(Haven't given any thought to "multipliers" or "distance-based", except to
realize that it's not a simple issue.)

But, again, I'm probably in the minority.

Jeff -- Enjoy DX 'Tests and NAQP and IARU, etc., etc.  And let me enjoy
SS.  And don't forget to work me in SS.  Always good to hear you.

73, Art K3KU