[CQ-Contest] receiver recommendation for SWL neighbor

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] receiver recommendation for SWL neighbor
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 01:22:42 -0600
I have a neighbor about 700' distant who favors SWL broadcasts for his news and entertainment.  To keep peace in the neighborhood I am considering buying the fellow a better SWR receiver as that may be the least painful way of resolving this issue.

He's got what is similar to the Tecsun type of hand-held portable radios now and uses that with the attached whip antenna.  I'm wondering if there is a similar type of portable radio that has a serious 1st mixer and roofing filter combo in a small package.  I really know nothing about the general coverage receiver offerings.

Appreciate any advice...

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com