Re: [CQ-Contest] SK K3IPK ( 6V6U )

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SK K3IPK ( 6V6U )
From: Luc DXBrasil <py8azt@dxbrasil.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 00:54:15 +0000
Sad news.

When I was an young wannabe contester, my first joy was be able to copy
6V6U.

After 30min listen on pileup trying to ID that big signal on 40m running
stations as QSO machine at 40wpm just before greyline. Everytime his IDed,
my ears got BV6U. China station couldn't put that 599++ on forty meters
that QTR.

When I finally figured out that I was listenning one dit plus. I got really
happy to copy such fast CW by myself.

This was one of my memorable QSO on past 3 decades on Ham Radio.

RIP and it was an honnor sharing radiowaves with you, Richard.

Luc PY8AZT.

Em dom, 9 de abr de 2017 16:42, Andy Melanin via CQ-Contest <
cq-contest@contesting.com> escreveu:

> R.I.P.
> Very sad news really
>
> Отправлено с iPad
>
> > 9 апр. 2017 г., в 5:51, Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com> написал(а):
> >
> > Very sad news.
> >
> > Worked Richard many times from several of my calls. Last time in February
> > this year.
> >
> > R.I.P. fellow contest friend!
> >
> > RM2D (SM6LRR), Mats
> >
> >> On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 at 19:38, AB2E Darrell <ab2e@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Sorry to report that Richard K3IPK became a Silent Key this past
> Saturday.
> >>
> >> Many of you have worked Richard from home as K3IPK but many more should
> >> remember him from the early '90s from his many dxpeditions as 6V6U.
> >>
> >> He was a great guy, always helpful to others. Recruited me into FRC back
> >> in 1988.
> >>
> >> R.I.P my friend,
> >>

> >> Darrell AB2E

73, Luc
https://plus.google.com/+DxbrasilNet
__
PW7T Team member
WRTC.2006 Brazilian Referee
WRTC.2010 Brazilian Team Leader
WRTC.2014 Brazilian Referee
PY8AZT (also PT7AG, R37U, ZY7C, PX8C, ZZ8Z)
LABRE, ARRL, CWJF & Fortaleza DX Group Member