Re: [CQ-Contest] Dual CQ error rates (new term 2BSIQ ?)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dual CQ error rates (new term 2BSIQ ?)
From: Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou@voyackey.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 09:07:30 +0900 (JST)
In article <CAJa3Y110acEZvDdkN2ycO4h4wVyGkw-6E0T_JC3BynKpzfPuEw@mail.gmail.com>,
        Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com> wrote,
        on "Thu, 23 Mar 2017 00:00:20 +0200";

> Many have been thinking if they could start learn to call two CQs.
>
> From my own experience, I can tell it is a real score booster.
> Smaller pistols can win considerably bigger stations if the small pistol
> masters the dual CQ well enough.

I agree.  Caribbean and zone 33 are not the only places applicable to 2BSIQ,
even it cannot last entire contest period.  For my case, operating from the Far
East, both US and Europe are not so close, but if more than two bands are
opened as fairly similar situation at the same time, it's time to do.
I believe I worked quite a few Qs which I have lost, if I had run simple
SO2R(run and S&P).  As for rate in my situation, it looked good to me compared
to other JAs who did simple SO2R.  It looks like it's only me who does 2BSIQ
in the Far East area at the moment.

> The major pitfall, the error rate, is not easy to manage while trying to
> pull more QSOs than peers. On SSB, increasingly difficult.

It also depends on how both ears are used.  I know it's much easier to listen
to the same audio with both ears, but I prefer to listen different radio with
each ear.  This is because I can manage what is happening at each radio.
I tried automatic audio routing controlled by which radio was transmitting, and
this enabled me to listen to not-transmitting radio with both ears at any time.
But I occasionally was lost where I was and I could not understand which radio
was doing what.  The situation could have been identified by seeing xmit status
at each radio, but I need another practice to be familiar with this environment.
--
Katsuhiro 'Don' Kondou, JH5GHM (JE6RPM&JH1GBZ for contesting)