Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes pointers

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes pointers
From: "Bill Mader" <billamader@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 07:14:42 -0700
Sadly, the MRRC Sweepstakes Handbook does not appear in a quick Google
search, although there are several references to it.  I have a copy, and
noted it is very well done.  Some of it is more applicable to the MI and OH
folks, but most of it applies to us all.  I wish I had it when I lived in MI
the second time!  Catch me before the contest and I'll send you a copy.

K3TN's PVRC "handbook" is pretty good, just not as extensive, and its
focused on CW:  http://www.pvrc.org/Files/ARRL%20Sweepstakes.pdf.  It's too
late to re-design one's station, but perhaps a few details are possible to
change to help make the event more fun (more contacts and multipliers).  In
our case, we need to become familiar with our new and temporary
surroundings.

Don't get too anxious.  We'll also provide MAR at VY2TT using the call
KS5Z/VY2 (no competition here).  We're looking forward to a fun weekend!

73, Bill, K8TE, also, KS5Z, Terry,  and brother Greg, KB7KYK

Message: 3