Re: [CQ-Contest] "D1WW"

To: "kzerohb@gmail.com" <kzerohb@gmail.com>, "CQ-Contest@contesting.com" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "D1WW"
From: Rudy Bakalov via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:57:15 +0000 (UTC)
The issue at hand is technical, not political and any effort to turn it into a
political debate is misdirected and counterproductive.
The #1 complaint about RBN is busted calls. In order for CW/RTTY Skimmer and
RBN to improve the accuracy of decoded callsigns, the software uses a
"language" that describes the patter of valid callssigns. Obviously the source
of such patterns comes from IARU which in turn does not recognize D1. Chances
are N1MM and other ham software that looks for valid callsign patterns will
label D1 as invalid as well unless someone has already corrected it or the
callsign is in the check partial database.

Rudy N2WQ