[CQ-Contest] NAQP SSB Practice - Tuesday Night in NA

To: RDXA <rdxa@rdxa.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, North Coast Contesters <ncc@contesting.com>, Mad River Radio Club <mrrc@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP SSB Practice - Tuesday Night in NA
From: "dfaklis@frontiernet.net" <dfaklis@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 12:36:26 +0000 (UTC)
NAQP SSB is 16 JAN (this weekend) so please consider a practice session in the
Phone Fray (Tuesday Night in NA).  The rules are essentially identical:
http://www.perluma.com/Phone_Fray_Contest_Rules.pdf

Tuesday Nights (0230-0300z Wed).  Exchange name and S/P/C, 100W max.  No logs,
just report Phone Fray scores to www.3830scores.com.  Suggested center
frequencies are:  21.325, 14.250, 7.175, 3.800 (avoid 3.790-3.800, and lower is
better), 1.875.

The Phone Fray was designed to be a great practice opportunity for
new contesters and veterans alike.  It's only 30 minutes long so time
management, band changes, and run vs. S and P strategy are paramount.  Please
forward this note to your club and help new contesters build some skills.

From last week:

Wow, that was a blast!!!! Thanks for all the Q's!   (N3QE)

20M seemed dead and I had expected it to be dead, but at 0230Z it sprang to
life with signals from all over the eastern half of the USA. (K4BAI)

Activity was up from last week - decent rate on 40 at the start with bursts on
75.  (N4YDU)

WOW - That was FUN. My personal best and I left QSOs on the table.  (KT4ZB)

This was my best score!! Lots of 40m contacts! Some calls I did not recognize!
(NC6B)

Thanks!, 73, Dean, NW2K