Re: [CQ-Contest] When do we spot? Should it be required?

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] When do we spot? Should it be required?
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 12:14:57 -0400
I think it would be great if the RBN & software people would come up with a
short, fast CW ID that could be activated periodically for SSB stations
when they are running.

On another point, my understanding of the CQWW rules is that single ops
also can spot when they S&P.  Certainly if they can post to score sites and
view those sites, which unambigusously is permitted, they should be able to
post spots when in S&P mode without viewing.  I believe that a number of
programs, such as N1MM & N1MM+, already provide this capability without the
operator receiving any spots.  (I admit that I have no experience spotting.
My station is in a geographically remote area that has had only very poor
and intermittent DSL available, so I cancelled service after a few months
of frustration just trying to use it just for emailing.  Last weekend
however my AT&T cell phone was showing pretty good LTE & 4G, so they have
upgraded their wireless and maybe I can spot as a single op or go assisted
some day if willing to pay the usage charges.)

73, Dave K3ZJ