Re: [CQ-Contest] : Station Survey for a Contest Program

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] : Station Survey for a Contest Program
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 20:22:34 -0400
Hi Jim/KC4HW ,

Thanks for all the contest Q's.

I am sure you'll get responses on CQ-CONTEST, but as you probably are aware,
you could find all the info you might need right on www.3830scores.com ,
where I notice you do post your scores.

Scan all the comments and many people list their rig, antennas, amps,
software etc.

Yes, it will be time consuming, but I do it on an ongoing basis.

Alternately, or maybe in addition to, CQWW & CQWPX has a TB+wires OVERLAY
class in some of their contests, so I wonder if you could see owns what on
CQWW.COM and/or CQWPX.COM and

search that as an overlay category?

GL in your endeavour.

My thinking is MOST folks own a TB and 40/80m inverted VEE and it's only the
top 10 or 20 guys in each major contest that own much more.

For my own SURVEY, 95% is done here with an HF9V on 10-40, and inverted L's
on 80/160.

You are welcome to see on 3830 on how I do with this minimalist setup.

Cheers

73 Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB