[CQ-Contest] Announcing the North America SSB Sprint-boycott from "MAR"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Announcing the North America SSB Sprint-boycott from "MAR"
From: AC0W <ac0w@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 13:13:54 -0500 (EST)
Suggest you check the contest rules before throwing a contest into this discussion. A check of the NAQP rules has multipliers as provinces, states and NA countries outside of US and Canada. The issue of combining Canadian provinces to create a multiplier in NAQP does not exist. So it should not be part of this discussion.

Bill
AC0W

Paul,

Exactly right! Sections as multipliers in SS are consistent, but NAQP and Sprint multipliers are inconsistent, illogical, and appear based merely upon an individual's (or individuals') whims that lack geopolitical reality
or knowledge with no understanding of incentives.

Being geopolitically consistent and correct -- as are all other contests
with which I am familiar -- has no downsides.

Take the example of Mexican states, which are multipliers in the 10 meter contest. Great! I never hear many of them, but I got educated as to their political boundaries, any of them that I find helps my score, and there are more XE stations in the contest than before. I have the same chance of finding them as anyone else in my geographic area. There's no downside, whether or not they are active most of the time -- and they present contest
expedition opportunities for the adventurous.

D.C. is the same -- what a surprise when W1AW/3 showed up in the last ten meter contest in addition to KE3X, N8HM, W3HAC, W3DQ & NN3RP -- all in D.C.

73,  Dave K3ZJ