Re: [CQ-Contest] The "high and mighty" syndrome on display

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The "high and mighty" syndrome on display
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 18:19:32 -0800
On Sat,12/20/2014 12:38 PM, Joe wrote:
Thing is the station has already invested the time. running away after using up his time is far worse than wasting a small amount more and at least give him the points.

Having been on both sides if this, I think a calling station too weak to copy is doing the running station a favor by giving up when the running station is busy.

An important thing you learn when you're QRP is that you make QSOs over the most difficult paths occur at propagation peaks, and you learn when those peaks occur. :) I'm currently working on QRP WAS on 160M from my QTH near San Francisco. Nearly all of my QSOs to the east coast have occurred within an hour of sunrise on the other end. I'm still looking for CT, VT, KY, SC, WV, and MS.

73, Jim K9YC