Re: [CQ-Contest] RXDC

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RXDC
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 11:32:19 -0800
On Wed,12/3/2014 9:17 AM, K4XS via CQ-Contest wrote:
We've been through this before.  Other station QSLs my call,  types in the
wrong call.  I get penalized.  How does this make use of  MY skills?  Bogus
rule.  I don't play this contest.

Yes and no. Let's say you're running with no cluster, you're in W6, with the path to EU over the pole and lots of auroral flutter. That's the way it is for at least half of the time on 20M. Under these conditions, you're trying to copy a guy running 35 WPM (or even 45). If I call them at 30, they can't copy me, so I slow down to 26. But they don't slow down for me. Don't these guys understand that when I'm fluttered to them that they are also fluttered to me? These guys SHOULD be penalized when the other station doesn't get their call right or blows the exchange.

73, Jim K9YC