Re: [CQ-Contest] SECRETS OF CONTESTING, CHAPTER: I CAN'T REMEMBER

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SECRETS OF CONTESTING, CHAPTER: I CAN'T REMEMBER
From: W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 13:49:35 -0600
I am with Al on this. I would not be interested in running USA stations for only prefix mults. This would just turn into CQ WW in Spring or operating the CQ 160 from the Caribbean where the US works US and VE and Europe works Europe and the Caribbean works the other 8 Caribbean stations and not much else.

As others have pointed out there is nothing stopping those from suggesting change to actually take historical data and attempt to create a more fair scoring system. If you can build a better scoring system then lets see it and provide the data to back it up.

It is much easier to point out flaws than it is to propose suitable solutions. I am not sure that there is any kind of consensus that the WPX is broke the way it is.